Document conversion engine

Flavio Moringa flavio.moringa at caixamagica.pt
Fri Jul 6 02:51:04 PDT 2012

Hi Michael,

first of all thanks for replying.. I was thinking no one would :-)

>From your reply I assume that testing the filters, and doing regression
tests is something I could do, maybe identifying the main conversion issues
in groups of documents and kind of creating a "major conversion issues"
table, and prioritizing those issues. Is there already something like that?

I know that you can convert documents through the command line, using
LibreOffice headless mode, and that can be something that's useful for
scripting automatic tests... although I know that sometimes the main
problems are "visual" and it's difficult to automatically detect the
problems...

Is there any kind of repository for documents that are candidates for
conversion testing? I mean documents which are known to have conversion
problems, and that are used to test improvements to the filters?

I would like very much to become more involved in improving the conversion
filters, since it seems to be a major problem in LibreOffice adoption, and
everything that can be done to help in that area would certainly boost
LibreOffice adoption specially in the enterprise world.

Thanks
Flávio

--
*Flávio Moringa*
Project Leader

Caixa Mágica Software
Energia Open Source
Rua Soeiro Pereira Gomes, Lote 1 - 4.º B,
Edifício Espanha, 1600-196 Lisboa - Portugal
Tel.: +351 217 921 260 Fax: +351 217 921 261
http://www.caixamagica.pt
https://twitter.com/flaviomoringa
https://www.facebook.com/flaviomoringa<https://www.facebook.com/flavio.moringa>
http://pt.linkedin.com/in/flaviomoringa