Locating Backing Window Recent Documents Object

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Fri Jul 6 08:42:45 PDT 2012

Hi Joel,

On Fri, 2012-07-06 at 08:17 -0700, Joel Madero wrote:
> Someone else suggested there also but I'm not seeing anything that
> would differentiate Open vs. Recent Documents on the backingwindow.

	Having a link to the relevant bug / issue might be interesting :-)
Ivan's link is good:

framework/source/services/backingwindow.hxx:
        MenuButton                      maOpenButton;

framework/source/services/backingwindow.cxx:
    maOpenButton.SetMenuMode( MENUBUTTON_MENUMODE_TIMED );
    maOpenButton.SetSelectHdl( LINK( this, BackingWindow, SelectHdl ) );
    maOpenButton.SetActivateHdl( LINK( this, BackingWindow, ActivateHdl ) );

	The code is in:

vcl/source/control/menubtn.cxx, method MenuButton::MouseButtonDown

	I assume 'Select' vs. 'Activate' are the different modes: pop-down, or
whatever here:

IMPL_LINK( BackingWindow, ActivateHdl, Button*, pButton )
{
    if( pButton == &maOpenButton )
        prepareRecentFileMenu();
    return 0;
}

	Looks like the recent files list is not built until that is clicked.

	Does that help ? :-)

	And/or what's the root issue ?

	Thanks for digging !

		Michael.