What is bibisect? And what is it doing in my office?

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 07:19:30 PDT 2012

On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 8:43 AM, Bjoern Michaelsen
<bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com> wrote:

> If you commit to a local bibisect repo, and then push to a central one:
> - you dont need sha1/rsync whatever because git itself makes sure your data
>   gets transmitted correctly
> - you will save bandwidth as the delta between too installs is much smaller
>   than a full install. And git stores the zipped delta.
>
> No need to reinvent the wheel: Using git for transmission and compreesion is
> already likely a lot better than any custom tooling anyway.

Oh, okay, thanks. I've gotten burned in the past when trying to push a
lot of binary data around in git repos, because AFAIK git still can't
resume like rsync. I guess the deltas will be small enough that this
shouldn't be a problem. I'll see about making the code spam someone if
the git operations have a hiccup.

I'll set up a machine as a buildbot so that I can test my changes.
Anything I should know that's not in the README or the Tinderbox pages
on the wiki?

--R