Long delay after lpsolve

Waitman Gobble waitman at faqers.org
Mon Jul 9 21:24:59 PDT 2012

Michael Meeks <michael.meeks at suse.com> wrote ..

> On Sat, 2012-07-07 at 23:18 -0700, Waitman Gobble wrote:
> > What is the general time delay after 'lpsolve deliver'? It sits for quite a long
> time, then stops on building sal.
>
> 	lpsolve deliver is usually rather quick. I suspect you're taking a hit
> from the next 'make'.
>
> > {appears to sit indefinitely}
>
> 	:-)
>
> > This is on an amd64/A8 processor with 16GB of RAM. Running processes and
> > memory utilization are light during the delay.
>
> 	Odd; so presuambly it's blocked on I/O ... (?)
>
> 	I wonder if you're blocked on a make in 'tail_build' which has to
> collect together quite a lot of data before it can make any decision;
> try:
>
> 	make tail_build
>
> 	And without an up-to-date gnumake (which is sadly not released) that
> can be a bit over-slow.
>
> 	It'd be great to do a ps auwwwx and see what the full commandline of
> whichever the leaf node in the process tree is (use pstree I guess to
> find that pid).
>
> 	Thanks !
>
> 		Michael.
>
> --
> michael.meeks at suse.com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot

Thanks for the reply Michael. I found that the unit tests take much time, so I cut them all out of the Makefiles.

At the moment I'm trying to isolate an issue with HelpLinker, (i'll make a separate post) but after I work that out i'll give it another run and report back the ps.

Waitman

--
Waitman Gobble
San Jose California USA