gerrit for 3-6, LibreOffice gerrit bot & wrong Merged status

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Sun Jul 15 03:29:28 PDT 2012

Hi,

On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 08:02:37PM +0400, Ivan Timofeev wrote:
> I am trying to use the following workflow on master:
>
> 1. git commit
> 2. ./logerrit submit libreoffice-3-6
> 3. git push
>
> and then the LibreOffice gerrit bot changes the status of the change:

>  "Change has been successfully pushed into branch master."
>
> ok, into master, but I want it for libreoffice-3-6, please do not
> close it, my dear bot!

Indeed, and once again a proof that the slogan "LibreOffice -- based on
technology breaking your tools since 1984" isnt that far off.

> Should I first push to master, then cherry-pick, then submit?

The 'official' solution by the gerrit team is 'generate a new Change-Id'.

However there are two bugs:

 https://code.google.com/p/gerrit/issues/detail?id=1142
 https://code.google.com/p/gerrit/issues/detail?id=1195

and a proposed patch:

 https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/#/c/32881/

about it. Since the gerrit team seems to be struck in the philosophical
question if a change is still the same on a different branch, I guess we should
patch our gerrit(*).

Best,

Bjoern

(*) Well, there is one alternative:
    If we get the maildrop set up quickly, it could take command for that --
    e.g. sending a mail with subject:
    review d3bfd982137dcfc90ca922e2471a07e58b1c0164 for libreoffice-3-5
    would:
    - cherry-pick d3bfd982137dcfc90ca922e2471a07e58b1c0164 on branch libreoffice-3-5
    - recreate a new Change-Id for it
    - submit it for review
    The only cornercase with it would be amiss is if the commit doesnt apply