shiny uno version, events / signals / slots

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Mon Jul 16 02:52:04 PDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-07-13 at 16:52 +0200, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> ...where DECL_LINK is independent of UNO

	True - but is a horror ;-)

> Right, what you save compared to current UNO is that on the listener's
> end you do not need to explicitly implement a specific UNO interface
> (instead, you only need to explicitly implement a function with a
> specific signature).

	Right; that's so. Of course, in some languages eg. C# you can bind to
that with a delegate requiring no function definition ;-)

> So what one would gain is improvement in ease of declaration and use (by
> increased succinctness).  Type safe argument passing would be just as
> type safe as today.

	I suppose so; assuming people are up for creating new listener
interfaces today, rather than trying to re-use more generic ones -
yes :-)

	HTH,

		Michael.