C++11 in LibreOffice

Kohei Yoshida kohei.yoshida at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 09:53:24 PDT 2012

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 12:35 PM, János Uray <uray.janos at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you.
> It's not a happy answer though.
> I hoped that there are at least some little features in the intersection of
> the C++11-knowledge of the supported compilers.

The most problematic ones are the gcc compiler used on Mac OS X (gcc
4.0?), and MSVC 2008 compilers.  If you (or someone else equally
interested) are willing to research those two compilers to see what
subset of C++11 features they support (if at all), then I don't see
why we shouldn't use those features.

For the record, I'm also eager to start using C++11 too, but since the
standard being so new that, we need to be realistic and allow some
time for all our major platforms to support it.

Kohei