Error in Base

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Tue Jul 17 19:33:30 PDT 2012

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 10:50:19AM +0200, Stefan Lindel wrote:
> I want to add a column with vba and use

> ALTER TABLE "test" ADD COLUMN text1 varchar(8);

> the column add to Table and I see it when I open by clicking on the table,
> but when I edit the Table the column isn't shown

Could you please:

 - file this a formal bug at
    https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/bug/
   so that it gets properly tracked

 - CC me in the bug so that it lands on my plate

 - include in the bug report enough details for us to reproduce the
   problem:

   what database engine is this? If you just clicked "create new
   database" in the wizard, then the answer is "embedded hsqldb". You
   can also see the answer in the status line (bottom of the window)
   when the .odb file is opened.

   if not embedded HSQL DB, how do you access it? JDBC? ODBC?

   attach an example .odb file to reproduce the problem

   if not using embedded hsqldb, then attach an SQL dump of the
   database

   say which version of LibreOffice, and if applicable database engine
   and driver

   please give "click by click" instructions on what to do to see the
   problem. For example, I'm not clear on how you execute the SQL you
   quote.

--
Lionel