gerrit via email

Terrence Enger tenger at iseries-guru.com
Thu Jul 19 04:51:58 PDT 2012

Not being registered with gerrit (because I lack OpenId), I recently
tried
<http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice/2012-July/035330.html>
to submit a patch via email.

Despite checking the open patches on gerrit occasionally thereafter, I
never caught it showing my patch.  Lionel Elie Mamane has already
applied the patch, but he may have worked from my email rather than
gerrit.

So, I wonder ...

(*) Is it the case that the patch went through gerrit as intended, and
    I just failed to notice?

(*) Should I have put the patch in the body of the email rather than
    an attachment?  Bjoern Michaelsen's instructions in
    <http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice/2012-July/034689.html>
    do not specify.

(*) Did I do something else wrong?

(*) Is my situation common enough to be worth mentioning in
    <https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development#Sending_patches_directly_to_gerrit.libreoffice.org>.
    (I do not want to make that change myself until I have had success
    at least once.)

Thank you for your attention.
Terry.