C++11 in LibreOffice

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Thu Jul 19 07:04:26 PDT 2012

On 19/07/12 14:59, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 7:45 AM, Michael Stahl <mstahl at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> i don't believe an office suite will benefit all that much from
>> sophisticated compiler optimizations;
>
> It's certainly your opinion. But I tend think that, any binary
> generated from a compiler could use the benefit of compiler
> optimization. I find it hard to believe that somehow an "office suite"
> category is an exception. But maybe it's just me.

sorry for being unclear, i'm not saying that an office suite doesn't
benefit from _any_ compiler optimization (that would be nonsense), i'm
saying it doesn't benefit from the "sophisticated" optimizations that
vendor compilers like SunStudio or Intel do that speed up your BLAS
stuff with gigabytes of floating point arrays by X times because office
suites don't contain gigabytes of floating point arrays.