Changes needed for "LibreOffice 4"

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Fri Jul 20 09:25:30 PDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-07-20 at 17:20 +0200, Lubos Lunak wrote:
>  Now, if you look at
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/LibreOffice4 , a lot of the
> stuff there does not belong to the page at all, as it has absolutely nothing
> to do with any of the above:

	Can you edit the page to separate the pieces that you don't believe
require ABI change from those that do ?

> - "de-UNO-ize the ODF import and export filters." is a purely internal matter
> that does not affect anything outside of LO core (or am I wrong here?)

	that depends on whether crazy people have tried to hook into / use
those interfaces from their scripts etc. Anything exposed is scripting /
plugin-authors is liable to their random walk attacks of this nature :-)

	Very true; I've used it to refer to the ABI breakage we've been needing
for a long time to cleanup our accumulating cruft issues.

> - the wiki page with technical tasks needs to be cleaned up

	It'd be great if you could do that separation :-) please don't delete
anything though - some tasks are rather succinct but useful to retain.

> - we need to decide how to deal with the fact that LO4 will break backwards
> compatibility

	Of course, we need some good technical ideas. In particular, I'd love
some stub / skel libraries and clever bridging with old names to rid us
of the com::sun::star evils ;-)

	ATB,

		Michael.