Changes needed for "LibreOffice 4"

john malc dimitrijenko at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 09:33:20 PDT 2012

Hi,
I have some ideas :

   1. *rewrite whole LO* (writer, base etc.) from scratch, which would make
   all documents unable to open in 3.x. This is very important task, mainly
   because of MS Office and the future of LO. The whole thing with plugins
   should be same as with documents.
   2. make a very long period of testing (beta1/2/3,rc1/2/3/ and then
   stable 4.0). Even longer then we have know. I think we should release 4.0
   with almost no bugs.
   3. kick Draw and Math-parts out of LO. Either make it as plugin or just
   kill it. 1) nobody uses it (Math> Latex; Draw > photoshop, corel, gimp
   etc.); 2) installer can be smaller.

--
@Malcjohn