[ACTION NEEDED] Declare what you want to make incompatible [was Re: Changes needed for "LibreOffice 4"]

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Thu Jul 26 08:50:28 PDT 2012

Hi,

On 2012-07-20 at 17:20 +0200, Lubos Lunak wrote:

>  So, as long as we decide to do c) when switching to LO4 (which AFAIK we plan
> to do, even if c) alone is not the reason), the page first needs to be
> cleaned up to contain only items that actually do have something to do with
> LibreOffice4.

Lubos - thank you a lot for this great writeup!

During the call, a combination of 3) [break, until we are confident
again] + 4) [break, and provide compatibility wrappers] seemed to me as
closest to the general attitude of "declare the 4.0 incompatible, but
try hard not to break things" that was mentioned few times.

So - until the next ESC (2012-08-02), let's collect things that are
incompatible _and_ people will be able to actually work on, so that we
filter out those "nice to have, but nobody will do them anyway".

Please, everyone who wants to do an incompatible change, and will work
on it, move it in the 'LibreOffice4' wiki page to the following section,
together with your name:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/LibreOffice4#Stuff_that_people_actually_will_do

That will make it possible at the next ESC meeting to discuss point by
point, and agree if we can do it, and how to do it with the least
impact.

Thank you a lot,
Kendy