./autogen.sh problem: 'configure: error: No compiler found.'

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Sat Jul 28 10:00:58 PDT 2012

On 28/07/12 18:37, John Smith wrote:
> Hi,
>

> When running ./autogen.sh, I get the following error :
>
> checking for maximum parallelism for gmake... per module:1, for tail_build:2
> setting up the build environment variables...
> configure: error: No compiler found.
> Error running configure at ./autogen.sh line 187.
> make: *** [/usr/local/src/libreoffice/config_host.mk] Error 1
>

> But I cant figure out what is going wrong here, or how to fix it. I do
> have GCC/G++ installed, and javac.
>
> My config.log is here: http://pastebin.com/sYWNWng1

i guess it fails because you're using Fedora 17 and don't have ccache
installed, which causes $COMPATH to be the empty string, because
CC=/bin/gcc.  that is a defect in the configure script, but i'm too lazy
to boot my F17 box to fix it right now (will do that on Monday), you can
just install ccache as a workaround, it'll accelerate things when you
make changes anyway.