New backward-compat ODF mode / consolidation of the ODFVER_LATEST & ODFVER_012 stuff

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Mon Jun 4 20:29:02 PDT 2012

Hi there,

with a bunch of commits just in, we have a fourth ODF mode under
the Tools->Options->Load/Save->General's ODF Format version setting.

It's labelled "1.2 Extended (compat mode)" and errs towards two
slightly more backward-compatible options for ODF writing, namely
for ODF encryption, and the infamous svg:d bug (fdo#47406).

In the process, I also cleaned up the "all extended stuff is only
written if ODFVER_LATEST is set", which depending on ODF version
evolution clearly is not universally correct. ;)

Current matrix of how the odf version setting affects output is
this:

odf1.1 -> force SHA1/BLOWFISH; force svg:d paths to be written with absolute coordinates
odf1.2 -> default to AES, but configurable; default to correct svg:d path
odf1.2-compat -> force SHA1/BLOWFISH; force svg:d paths to be written with absolute coordinates
odf1.2-extended -> default to AES, but configurable; default to correct svg:d path

Otherwise the last two options are equivalent in which elements &
attributes get written.

Does anyone consider making svg:d path writing a separate option
worthwhile? I'd still probably clamp odf1.2-compat to have this
hard-set & override those things collectively, though.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten