Draft document-rendering tiling API to be called from viewer apps

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Wed Jun 6 06:16:25 PDT 2012

>        It'd be rather nice to have some parameter names rather than just
> 'long' 'int' etc. etc ;-)

Of course. Those are specified in the IDL. No Java source code is
generated from IDL, it generates class files directly (well, through
.rdb), and there are no parameter names in class files. The Java bit
in my message was just a dump of the class files as produced by javap,
it is just a debugging aid, not intended to be "human readable" and
not even compilable.

Of course, if I would have bothered to write the comments in the .idl
files in proper meta-syntax, those would have propagated into
generated documentation as descriptions of parameters etc.

> I assume that the last four are pixel co-ordinates to render ?

Read the IDL, that's where I have the documentation.

--tml