Draft document-rendering tiling API to be called from viewer apps

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Wed Jun 6 06:31:31 PDT 2012

On 06/06/2012 03:11 PM, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
>> I would go the UNO approach nevertheless.
>
> It's a hard decision to make...

With the current state of touch/idl, what you would want to do in C++ is
an implementation of the Document service, plus potentially an
implementation of an XDocumentRenderCallback object (if you want to call
the service's XDocument.render from C++ code).

The boilerplate for the former boils down to a derivation of
cppu::WeakImplHelper1<XDocument>, plus a component_getFactory function
(just calling cppu::component_getFactoryHelper) if this is the first
service implementation in a given library.  The boilerplate for the
latter boils down to a derivation of
cppu::WeakImplHelper1<XDocumentRenderCallback>.  Let me know if you need
skeleton code (or any other form of help) for that.

Stephan