Is it ok to remove visual navigator comments?

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Wed Jun 6 08:00:50 PDT 2012

On 06/06/12 16:46, Philipp Weissenbacher wrote:
> Hi all,
> Is it ok to remove visual navigator comments (starting and ending with
> ****** and only containing the function's name)?
> E.g. what I did in fe436d.
>
> In my experience this greatly reduces visual noise to the cost of visual
> separation. Or am I missing something?

yes if they only contain the name of the method, or empty lines that
start with "Description: " :)  then they're just useless clutter.

it is more useful if it separates a chunk of related stuff from another
chunk of related stuff, e.g. if there are multiple classes implemented
in one file it can be nice to have a separator between the methods of
different classes, but this should usually result in a number of
separators in a file that can be counted on one hand.