calc: function WEEKNUM seems not to conform to ODFF1.2

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Thu Jun 7 08:47:34 PDT 2012

Hi Winfried,

On Thursday, 2012-06-07 13:21:01 +0200, Winfried Donkers wrote:

> My first reaction is, yes, a good plan and in line with what I wanted to do.
> I will study your plan carefully, work on it step for step and keep you informed.

Great we agree :)

> It looks as if after this plan has been executed, there will be two
> (in UI as well as ods-file) functions, WEEKNUM_ADD and ISOWEEKNUM, but
> WEEKNUM_ADD is not defined in ODFF and WEEKNUM is...
> Shouldn't it be WEEKNUM in the UI and ods-file, and WEEKNUM_ADD in
> excel-files, to be renamed during export/import? (I haven't thought
> about implementation issues)

Note that UI names may (and sometimes do) differ from ODF file format
names, the relation is
UI WEEKNUM     == ODF ISOWEEKNUM
UI WEEKNUM_ADD == ODF WEEKNUM

see also formula/source/core/resource/core_resource.src
Resource RID_STRLIST_FUNCTION_NAMES_ENGLISH_ODFF
    String SC_OPCODE_WEEK { Text = "ISOWEEKNUM" ; };

and the sc/source/core/tool/odffmap.cxx entry for WEEKNUM

The mapping Excel WEEKNUM to WEEKNUM_ADD is taken care of in the
import/export filters and Analysis Add-In.

  Eike

GnuPG key 0x293C05FD : 997A 4C60 CE41 0149 0DB3  9E96 2F1A D073 293C 05FD