[Libreoffice-qa] New Bugzilla Version Picker items – 2

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Fri Jun 8 06:57:15 PDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 08, 2012 at 03:45:11PM +0200, Petr Mladek wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-06-07 at 17:25 +0200, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> > Just as an hint. Ubuntu/Debian would use something like:
> >
> >  3.6.0~alpha1
> >  3.6.0~alpha1+daily20120606
> >  3.6.0~beta1
> >  3.6.0.1
>
> I really like it. I would like to use it in the future for git tags and
> source tarballs.
>
> The problem might be the tilda '~'. It is substituted to $HOME in linux
> shell. I am not sure about other special meaning in some programing
> languages or so.

Yes, I mindlessly followed Rene in using _ instead of ~ in git tags, never
wondering why. _ has the advantage over ~ to be sorted in front of lowercase
ASCII, so for as long as "subversions" start with some lowercase letters,
standard ASCII sorting 'does the Right Thing'. But I bet Rene can elaborate
better on that than me ;)

Best,

Bjoern