[BUILD] consistent test failures under windows

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Mon Jun 11 02:11:49 PDT 2012

Hi Mat,

On Sat, 2012-06-09 at 14:29 +0200, Mat M wrote:
> I pasted the end of the build log to http://pastebin.com/fg6aNutr. This
> was a clean complete make

	Thanks :-)

> Autogen.lastrun is:
> --with-max-jobs=6

	Parameters look sensible.

> Errors are 2 failures in tests:
>
> file:///H:/src/libo/sd/qa/unit/data/ppt/pass/CVE-2006-3655-1.ppt,H:/src/libo/unotest/source/cpp/filters-test.cxx(123)
> : error : Assertion
> Test name: SdFiltersTest::testCVEs
> assertion failed
> - Expression: osl::FileBase::E_None == osl::File::remove(sTmpFile)
>
> Failures !!!
> Run: 2   Failure total: 1   Failures: 1   Errors: 0

	This -looks- like the failure I was getting.

	Can you move away your 'sd' directory, and assuming you have no changes
(otherwise save them) do a:

	git reset --hard

	And then re-run in sd. If your tests then pass (as I suspect they
will), it'd be -great- to have a:

	diff -ur sd.orig sd

	I suspect this is some poisoning of the test directory / data itself.
Actually the 'git status' output might show us that too :-)

> Does someone reproduce under Win/Linux ?
> Or what should I do to be sure the test is really broken and not my build ?

	I had something similar, but by the time I'd worked out that the above
might fix it - I had deleted the contents of the directory.

	Sorry for the trouble; It is possible that Korrawit's advice is
correct, although we now encrypt the CVE documents to avoid triggering
virus checkers - though you might have a clever one ... ;-)

	HTH !

		Michael.