regcomp under windows, registering components

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Mon Jun 11 08:13:48 PDT 2012

On 06/11/2012 04:55 PM, Olivier Hallot wrote:
> Is there a tool to handle services.rdb, beside pure xml text edition?

Nothing besides (XML-aware) text editors.  regview etc. no longer work
on it.  (Which I considered a minor problem when changing it, as the
information is already textual now.  But of course, any scripts etc.
built around it would now need to be adapted.)

> How easy it is to have the extension manager GUI as a installable
> module, or bundled optional extension? Is it something that can fit into
> an easy hack? (I am seeking to clone the update manager feature as
> starting point).

If you want to make the extension manager GUI into an optional module
(so that, e.g., end users have no easy way to mess with it), that
shouldn't be too difficult.  Things that come to mind:

* The code should mostly be separated into a deploymentgui dynamic
library already (in module desktop).

* Hooks that call into that code are "Tools - Extension Manager..." and
trying to open an .oxt file (e.g., passing it to LO on command line).

* It might be necessary to make the code for only update of extensions
conditional on whether the GUI is available.

* There might be more...

Stephan