[LATE FEATURE] Windows UI improvements

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Tue Jun 12 07:58:35 PDT 2012

Hi,

Based on the Mirek's, Astron's and others designs / advice [thank you so
much for all your help! :-)], I finally managed to get the Windows 7
look to this state:

http://artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~kendy/design-list/toolbar-gradient.png

I'd like to cherry-pick the remaining changes (menubar, toolbar) to
libreoffice-3-6; they are mostly trivial, but because change of look is
quite a visible change, I rather handle it as a late feature ;-)

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=eac708b0b188d7e6477922bb4bc03199cd92f5ca
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=f268355606630e9fc07a945859ec57ae00f6e427

(depends on
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=6d78c490b0923c22d125286ebdae2e41edd28f6c )

There are 3 pending issues:

1) The text in the menus in order to be really black (currently it is
still transparent which looks ugly when you move the window over
something light) needs a hack described here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb688195%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

[search for "Appendix B: Painting the Caption Title"]

2) The closing "x" at the right handles the transparency wrongly, need
to fix that too

3) The line between the menu and toolbar should be lighter a bit

I'll do the follow-up fixes ASAP, hopefully still before the beta tag.

OK to go ahead?  Needs 3 cross-affiliation approvals - Andras, Astron, Jesús? ;-)

Thank you,
Kendy