Building Libreoffice 3.6 on OpenIndiana x86 with GCC

Jonathan Adams t12nslookup at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 08:32:02 PDT 2012

After a long time of leaving it, I recently tried to compile
LibreOffice again from updated source.

the ICU that needs to be compiled in 3.6 does not compile on
Solaris/OpenIndiana ... I have managed to get the latest source
(icu4c) from icu-project and fix it so that it compiles on  Solaris
with GCC (I've submitted a patch to them that will hopefully fix it
for everyone).

apart from the fact that it always seems to tell me that it is the
dictionaries that failed to build; I have an error in "(79/83)
Building module tail_build":

=============
(79/83) Building module tail_build
=============
Entering /home/sal/LibreOffice/libo/tail_build/prj

gbuild module /home/sal/LibreOffice/libo/tail_build: /usr/bin/gmake -f
Makefile -j4 -rs all slowcheck gb_PARTIALBUILD=T
[ info  ALL ] currently known libraries are: AppleRemote GL GLU ICE
MacOSXSpell OGLTrans PptImporter PresenterScreen SM
SunPresentationMinimizer X11 Xext Xrender abp acc acceptor adabas
adabasui ado affine_uno agg analysis animcore avmedia avmediaQuickTime
avmediagst avmediawin basctl basebmp basegfx basprov bib binaryurp
bootstrap cached1 cairo cairocanvas calc canvasfactory canvastools
chartcontroller chartmodel charttools chartview clucene cmdmail
collator_data communi comphelper configmgr connector cppcanvas cppu
cppuhelper cppunit ctl cui curl date db-4.7 dba dbase dbaxml dbmm dbp
dbpool2 dbtools dbu deployment deploymentgui deploymentmisc
desktop_detector desktopbe1 dict_ja dict_zh directx5canvas
directx9canvas dl dlgprov drawinglayer editeng egi embobj emboleobj
eme emser epb epg epp eps ept era eti evoab evtatt exp expwrap fastsax
file fileacc filterconfig filtertracer flash flat fontconfig for forui
fpicker fps_office freetype frm fsstorage fwe fwi fwk fwl fwm gconfbe1
gdipluscanvas guesslang hatchwindowfactory helplinker hsqldb hwp
hyphen i18nisolang1 i18npool i18nregexp i18nsearch i18nutil icd icg
idx ime index_data introspection invocadapt invocation ipb ipd ips ipt
ipx ira itg iti java_uno_accessbridge javaloader javavm jdbc jpipe juh
juhx jvmaccess jvmfwk kab1 kabdrv1 kde4be1 kdebe1 lcms2 lng lnth
localebe1 localedata_en localedata_es localedata_euro
localedata_others log log_uno lomenubar lpsolve55 lwpft m macab1
macabdrv1 macbe1 mcnttype merged migrationoo2 migrationoo3 mozab2
mozabdrv mozbootstrap msfilter msforms msword mtfrenderer mysql
namingservice neon npsoplugin nsl nspr4 nss3 nullcanvas odbc odbcbase
odfflatxml offacc officebean oox ooxml package2 passwordcontainer pcr
pdffilter pdfimport pixman-1 placeware plc4 postgresql-sdbc
postgresql-sdbc-impl protocolhandler proxyfac pthread purpenvhelper
pythonloader pyuno pyuno_wrapper qstart_gtk rdf recentfile reflection
reg res rpt rptui rptxml sal sal_textenc salhelper sax sb sc scd
scfilt scn scriptframe scui sd sdbc sdbc2 sdbt sdd sdfilt sdui sfx
simplecanvas simplecm slideshow sm smd smoketest socket sofficeapp
solver sot spa spell spl spl_unx srtrs1 stocservices store streams
stringresource sts subsequenttest sunjavaplugin svgfilter svl svt svx
svxcore sw swd swui syssh t602filter test testtools_bridgetest
testtools_constructors testtools_cppobj textconv_dict
textconversiondlgs textfd textinstream textoutstream tk tl tvhlp1 ucb1
ucbhelper ucpchelp1 ucpcmis1 ucpdav1 ucpexpand1 ucpext ucpfile1
ucpftp1 ucpgio1 ucpgvfs1 ucphier1 ucppkg1 ucptdoc1
unobootstrapprotector unoexceptionprotector unopkgapp unordf unotest
unoxml unsafe_uno updatecheckui updatefeed updchk utl uui uuresolver
vbaevents vbahelper vbaobj vbaswobj vcl vclcanvas vclplug_gen
vclplug_gtk vclplug_gtk3 vclplug_kde vclplug_kde4 vclplug_svp
vclplug_tde wpftdraw wpftwriter writerfilter writerfilter_debug
writerfilter_uno xcr xmlfa xmlfd xmlreader xmlsecurity xo xof xpcom
xpcom_core xsec_fw xsec_xmlsec xsltdlg xsltfilter xstor
/home/sal/LibreOffice/libo/desktop/Executable_oosplash.mk:83: ***
Cannot link against library/libraries -lsocket. Libraries must be
registered in Repository.mk.  Stop.

        Oh dear - something failed during the build - sorry !
  For more help with debugging build errors, please see the section in:
            http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development

  internal build errors:

ERROR: error 512 occurred while making /home/sal/LibreOffice/libo/tail_build/prj
ERROR: error 512 occurred while making
/home/sal/LibreOffice/libo/dictionaries/source

 it seems you are using a threaded build, which means that the
 actual compile error is probably hidden far above, and could be
 inside any of these other modules:
     tail_build
 please re-run build inside each one to isolate the problem.

build_error.log should contain the captured output of the failed module(s)

To rebuild a specific module:

/usr/bin/gmake dictionaries.clean # optional
/usr/bin/gmake dictionaries

when the problem is isolated and fixed, re-run '/usr/bin/gmake'
gmake[1]: *** [build-packimages] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/sal/LibreOffice/libo'
gmake: *** [all] Error 2

my question is, how do I tell "Repository.mk" that it should be using
"-lsocket" in tail_build ?

Thanks in advance.

Jon