LibreOffice & OWA

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Fri Jun 15 10:05:26 PDT 2012

Hi Charles,

On Fri, 2012-06-15 at 17:40 +0200, Charles-H. Schulz wrote:
> I have someone here from the public sector who just sent me this weird
> report, I studied it, and open a bug report (#51121) but I just find it
> astonishing: would you say that LibreOffice may corrupt document files
> in such a way that

	Wait - -we- corrupt documents ? :-) such that (only) when you shove
them through some random piece of 3rd party software we don't have with
some random virus checker/cleaner in-place you get something very odd
happening, the document fails to open ? [ all the contents killed ]

Jaqueline wrote:
> I can confirm this problem. In our case the files show 0 kb filesize
> after receiving in OWA.

	Well this is some hideous server / anti-virus bug on the Exchange side
- pretty obviously. A mail server that deletes your attachments is ...
unbelievable.

> when they get sent via email (Outlook Web Access in
> this case) they can't be open by the recipient? Other ODF files
> produced by OOo 3.3 and AOO 3.4 don't seem to exhibit the same
> behaviour.  In any case, I look forward to your comments and tests.

	So - *iff* this can be reproduced for a given document - where that
identical (and preferable really small) document has been loaded and
saved in both OO.o and LibreOffice - and it is certain that only one has
got through successfully: then we need to diff the documents and try to
binary chop out whatever is provoking Outlook to whatever extreme of
stupidity and try to -work-around- -their- dumb bug.

	If you can get those docs - please do attach them; I've updated the
bug.

	ATB,

		Michael.