[GSoC] testing - Weekly Report no. 4

Artur Dorda artur.dorda at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 17:13:39 PDT 2012

Hello again,

This week my branch was enriched by another milestone - I've managed
to actually run the first tests using my XShapeDumper. Tests are run
by regression-test.cxx in sd/.

There has been also made two first test files, testing shapes and text.
File format used is .odp.

Test files needs to be improved, because though there's some shapes
and properties already tested, there's a lot more, and will be done
later.

Now I'm working on further extension of the dumper, and with my
mentors Markus and Michael, we're thinking about how to include
EnhancedCustomShape* services and structs dumping without trusting the
documentation about the properties. The problem is that properties in
this services/structs are very often hidden behind some
PropertyValue-s.

Reassuming, test now work, lot of goodies are dumped to xml, though it
will be extended, both test files and dumper's code.

If it will be good enough (I think test files should be more complex,
but I need to wait for Thorsten to help me with this), we hope to
include it in some time to master, or maybe even 3.6 (Markus said
something about it)

Best regards,
Artur