Enable CTL for Default?

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Mon Jun 18 05:28:47 PDT 2012

> IMO CTL/Asian options is a remnants of distant past and should be
> killed for good (not to mention that "Asian" is a so ignorant
> orientalistic term in this context).

I agree. It enforces the idea that "Western" (whatever *that* then
means...) languages and/or scripts would be the "normal" ones, and
others more or less "exotic". Goes directly against the stated
principles of TDF I think.

(I really wish, seriously, that Unicode wouldn't have put USASCII in
the first 128 slots, but assigned codepoints totally randomly.)

--tml