[ANN] Please use Gerrit from now on for Patch Review

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Tue Jun 19 04:03:24 PDT 2012

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 11:54:25AM +0200, Jan Holesovsky wrote:
> If you answer was that the new workflow would be:
>
> - click a link in a mail from gerrit
>   - that will open the syntax-highlighted cgit-like patch in the
>     browser, on a page with a big [Push it!] button + space to write the
>     "Thank you" message
> - I write the "Thank you" message + hit the [Push it!] button
>
> I would be happy.  But is it going to be so?  So far the best I've got
> from gerrit was clicking [Diff all unified], that opened one browser
> window per file (ugh!), with more clicking to actually do the review.

That will be the workflow in the end (when gerrit owns the repo). As for seeing
the diff: we now have gitweb integrated there(*), so ignore "Diff all unified" and
just use the "gitweb" links (see here: https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/179/).

Then click on "review" select  "+1 verified/+2 code-review", write thank you
below and it will be cherry-picked on master and the submitter will get a mail.

The second step however does not yet work as long as gerrit does not own the
repository. Thats why it is so damn important, that everyone gets his gerrit
account set up as requested a month ago, so that we can switch over completely.

Best,

Bjoern

(*) Big Thanks to Robert Einsle for that!