[REVIEW 3-5-5 (2/3)][PUSHED 3-5] fdo#50603: Close fds across a restart of soffice on Mac OS X

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Tue Jun 19 05:52:52 PDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-06-19 at 13:38 +0100, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-06-18 at 13:40 +0200, Andras Timar wrote:
> > 2012/6/18 Stephan Bergmann <sbergman at redhat.com>:
> > > <http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=d5e9c2e3e85a2bcdd6a0b2088253fc133e52e831>
> > > "fdo#50603: Close fds across a restart of soffice on Mac OS X" fixes that on
> > > master, and I already backported it to libreoffice-3-6.
>
> > pushed to libreoffice-3-5
>
> I'll take that as a +1 for 3-5-5 and add a +1 of my own. So one more
> review for 3-5-5 I believe.

	It looks fine to me; I'll cherry-pick it.

	It -looks- like you do this on every startup, when in fact we really
only want to do it -before- we run 'exec' in this rather rare re-start
condition :-)

	Since max-fx can be quite large, and each syscall takes an appreciable
time most Linux spawn impl's go to the bother of opening /proc/fds,
parsing it and closing up to max-really-open-fd - which tends to be a
much smaller number :-) [ and all of this down to the uber-dumb default
of CLOEXEC that should never have been ].

	Ergo, I'd be happier if on master we only did this prior to the exec in
the unusual case. Really nice catch though !

	Thanks !

		Michael.