[GSoC 2012][Collaboration] status + screenshot

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Tue Jun 19 05:59:21 PDT 2012

Hi Matúš,

seems I missed answering this..

On Wednesday, 2012-06-13 22:54:55 +0200, Matúš Kukan wrote:

> I have no idea what's the difference between
> - ExecMethod = Execute and putting code to sc/source/ui/view/cellsh3.cxx
> - ExecMethod = ExecuteEdit and code in sc/source/ui/view/cellsh1.cxx
> Probably it does not matter ?

I think that technically it doesn't matter, I'm not even sure myself
which one would be ideal.. it seems that for invoking a general dialog
Execute is better suited.

> The second is a mess.
> I was struggling with Set/GetUserData for a while and created struct
> AccountContact hack.
> Surely there is a better way ?

What's wrong with that struct? User data can be only one void* so
whatever needs to be wrapped up in there.. the AccountContact struct
seems ok to me.

However, I'm missing the destruction of the created instances, this
looks like a memory leak.

There may also be some g_object_unref() calls necessary on the TpAccount
and TpContact instances to ensure proper life time.

> You can run LibreOffice with
> LIBO_TUBES=slave ./soffice --calc on both sides and it works.
> Well, only if they are different machines, but that's the only
> scenario, I guess.
> Locally you need the master / slave differentiation.

s/machine/user/  ;-)
Of course being able to run under the same user account is a hack needed
for testing, running with different users on the same machine should be
possible though.

  Eike

GnuPG key 0x293C05FD : 997A 4C60 CE41 0149 0DB3  9E96 2F1A D073 293C 05FD