[ANN] Please use Gerrit from now on for Patch Review

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 02:31:21 PDT 2012

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 4:21 AM, Lionel Elie Mamane <lionel at mamane.lu> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 12:09:49PM +0200, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
>
>>  http://sweetshark.livejournal.com/13298.html
>
>> gerrit is documented and ready to go.
>
> It refuses to take patches (commits) whose author field is not an
> email address registered in my account.

You need to be added to a group that allow that.

> How do I submit for review a patch authored by someone else
> (e.g. one-off contributor that does not want to go through the hassle
> of setting up for OpenID, git, gerrit, ...)?

how does one create a patch without git ?
and isn't the whole point of OpenID is 're-use'.
so you are left with the step of adding a ssh key in your profile...

anyway...
Anonymous Uer are only allow to read
Registered User do not have the authority to 'Forge' Author and/or Committer
people in the Commiter Group can... so you need to be added to it

somehow I cannot find you're id in Gerrit, so I cannot add you to the
right 'group'

So I'm wondering how were you even trying to push a patch ?

Norbert