[REVIEW-3-5][REVIEW-3-5-5] clean uninstall on Windows

Andras Timar timar74 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 00:04:33 PDT 2012

Hi,

A couple of days ago I fixed the RegisterExtensions custom action,
which runs unopkg.exe during install and pre-registers bundled
extensions. The counterpart of this custom action, the
RemoveExtensions is supposed to remove shared\prereg\bundled directory
during uninstall. Unfortunately RemoveExtensions does not work. It
must be a deferred execution custom action, because it modifies the
system, but the original session handle and property data set during
the installation sequence is not available to a deferred execution
custom action. So it is not possible to get the value of FINDPRODUCT,
not to mention that by that time all registry values are removed, so
it would not work even if we had FINDPRODUCT.

The solution is to pass the install location via CustomActionData
property. Please find attached the patch for 3.5. It is essential to
Intel AppUp build (already applied there), but it is nice to have in
community builds, too, because uninstaller should not left files in
installation directory.

Best regards,
Andras