testing: activate components ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Mon Jun 25 06:11:16 PDT 2012

Hi Artur,

On Mon, 2012-06-25 at 14:47 +0200, Artur Dorda wrote:
> This week I have dumped all the EnhancedCustomShape* services and
> structs from there:

	Nice :-)

> Next week's todo is:
> - improve the Impress' test files, different Shapes and Properties
> need to be separated
> - connect EnhancedCustomShape* dumper code with the rest and run it

	Incidentally; we seem to be -very- regularly getting build and
distribution errors that ruin our user experience in the betas at least
due to missing components / poor registration etc.

	I was wondering if it wouldn't be rather an excessively useful test to
have a small app as part of the smoketest (or elsewhere) that
systematically activates every registered service (perhaps by parsing
services.rdb or querying UNO ?).

	I guess we used to have that happening during registration - but now we
have passive registration I suspect that we're letting a lot of issues
here pass us by. At least my recollection was that that registration was
a rats nest of issues ;-)

	Or do we have something like this already ? Stephan ?

	Thanks,

		Michael.