Gerrit review patch query helper...

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Tue Jun 26 06:44:31 PDT 2012

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 01:35:14PM +0200, Sebastian Spaeth wrote:
> Hi, sorry for shameless self-plugs but I think this tool has become really
> useful now:

I love all these tooling efforts, but I really think we should coordinate them
more as changing the developer docs too often will just create frustrations on
its own. So the timeline in my head looks something like this:
- before switch: let devs learn their way around gerrit itself and only do
  minor tweaks to the workflows, additional scripting can evolve "outside" the
  core repo
- end of July: switch to gerrit as main repo
- end of August: hope every dev has a somewhat qualified opinion on the
  available tooling/scripting sets and maybe switch to one of the gerrit
  wrappers by default (updating the docs along the way and puuting it in core)

So, I hope you and David are not too disappointed, if I hope for the scripts to
foster "outside" the core-repo (at least those requiring updating the docs) for
some time. Is that ok with you?

What we urgently need "inside" the current solution is inegration of
mailinglists and IRC.

Best,

Bjoern