Including a patch from AOO...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Wed Jun 27 01:47:45 PDT 2012

Hi Ivan,

On Wed, 2012-06-27 at 10:41 +0400, Ivan Timofeev wrote:
> a nice patch from AOO:

	:-)

> Is it possible to merge this patch in our repo? And if yes, who would be
> --author then?..

	That requires the module underneath to be re-based on top of the Apache
code; which can be more or less difficult to do depending on your luck,
how patch sets intersect and so on.

	That fundamental work is ongoing on master; we can do this in certain
specific cases on the 3.6 branch as well, 3.5 is out of the question I'm
afraid.

	So - if we can independently fix the bug in a different way, that is
the easiest outcome for now. Going forward, once all possible files have
been re-based on the ALv2 code; then we need to work through all the bug
reports and mass import any fixes that are not problematic / don't
already conflict.

	There is a mapping in contrib/gitdm-config/aliases that unwinds
authorship to real E-mails at least nominally - sadly little attempt is
made to make it easy to preserve true authorship information by svn
itself so ... there will be more imprecision and/or foot-work needed
there.

	The punch-line: for now, it'd be nice to re-implement small fixes. If
you have a list of larger ones we want, then build a list and send it to
me & I'll see what we can do for 3.6. When we hit 3.7 there should be
~zero licensing barrier to forward-porting any fix we like, and we'll
start doing that in a systematic way.

	Does that make sense ? :-)

	Thanks !

		Michael.