[Libreoffice-commits] .: 3 commits - svtools/inc svtools/source

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Wed Jun 27 04:40:42 PDT 2012

Tomaž Vajngerl wrote:
> commit 447844036930f6503e6791e2207bc6408a4cbb84
> Author: Toma?? Vajngerl <quikee at gmail.com>
> Date:   Mon Jun 25 21:19:21 2012 +0200
>
>     Remove ImplCreateScaled and ImplCreateRotatedScaled
>
>     ImplCreateScaled and ImplCreateRotatedScaled are now not used anymore,
>     so they can be removed.

Hi Tomaž,

great fixes there - I especially like the sinc interpolation
changes. Just a remark to ImplCreateRotatedScaled, that *did* have
some performance benefits, by having only *one* pass over the image.

> commit 764525b39c78bfad1f6fc44a8517a565547f67cf
> Author: Toma?? Vajngerl <quikee at gmail.com>
> Date:   Mon Jun 25 21:07:06 2012 +0200
>
>     use only Bitmap scaling and fixes to scaling
>
>     "grfmgr" uses its own scaling functions instead of the scaling
>     functions available on Bitmap object. The step to use the Bitmap::Scale
>     for most scenarios was already made, now the "grfmgr" functions are
>     not used anymore.

See above - there are nice, separable algorithms for bitmap
manipulations, that can do affine transformations in 2-3 runs, e.g.
Wolberg, "Digital Image Warping" is a classic - if you like hacking
on pixel processing, there's some nifty stuff to do still (I'd also
love to have basebmp used for those things some more, avoiding
virtual function / callback calls for every pixel). Want to poke me
on irc for some pointers?

Cheers,

-- Thorsten