Window background (was: Re: [ANN] LibreOffice 3.6.0.0 beta2 available for testing)

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Thu Jun 28 01:18:23 PDT 2012

Hi Astron,

On 2012-06-28 at 09:13 +0200, Stefan Knorr (Astron) wrote:

> >   His eyes involuntarily seek the boundaries between objects: a page, the
> > working area or a ruler.
> >   If the objects are:
> >   a) a very bright or dark;
> >   b) have almost the same color and have no boundary lines;
> >   c) have too much color contrast
> >   lens of the muscles are working constantly. So my eyes tire quickly.
> > Therefore, all the Office Suites have The Windows that have color schemes
> > are very similar.
>
> Tbh, I am not exactly sure what to take from this description ... I
> don't find it eye-straining to work with LibO 3.6. (Then again, for
> most actual productivity tasks I use Linux – where I am using the
> similarly light Clearlooks theme, though.)
>
> However, I agree that the document background is now a little light –
> even the colour "Gray 10%" is darker now than the default window
> background on Vista/7.

No problem there - just give me the RGB values we should use, and I'll
put it there :-)

> What bugs me much more than the default being a bit light though is
> that the ruler background as well as the Start Center background
> colour will stay the same no matter what application background colour
> is chosen. IMHO these colours should be the same as the normal window
> background, IMHO.

This might be harder - the handling of the color settings is much more
complex than it should be, so not sure if I manage to do it in time for
Beta3, and I am off for vacation after that; let's see.

All the best,
Kendy