overview of localization

Andras Timar timar74 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 07:27:56 PDT 2012

Hi Caolan,

2012/6/28 Caolán McNamara <caolanm at redhat.com>:
> For testing purposes, I want to update my local translations/lang/foo.po
> files with freshly added strings from a new file type, i.e. .ui files.
>
> I see that "localize" is used to exact the English source strings
> from .src, .ulf etc and I think I have it doing what I want to exact
> localizables from .ui files now. What do I use to update the
> translations po files from that ?

You need translate-toolkit
(http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/toolkit/index).
Create pot files from en-US.sdf:
$ oo2po -P workdir/unxlngi6.pro/CustomTarget/translations/translate/sdf-template/en-US.sdf
workdir/unxlngi6.pro/CustomTarget/translations/translate/pot
Then update languages, e.g.
$ cd translations/source/
$ for in de fr it;do pomigrate2 $i $i.new
workdir/unxlngi6.pro/CustomTarget/translations/translate/pot;rm -rf
$i;mv $i.new $i;done

That should work for local testing purposes.

Andras