Writer Unit tests

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Thu Mar 1 13:58:17 PST 2012

On Fri, 2012-03-02 at 00:55 +0700, Vit wrote:
> > 	Do you have a build already ? if not, I'd recommend using a recent
> > Linux distribution (I love openSUSE 12.1) and getting that going, it's
> > really a pre-requisite.
>
> I'm using Arch linux at home but never build or installed daily builds of LO
> for now. But, I think, this can be done easily.
>
> What is the next step?

	Well - writer unit tests are in sw/qa/core/ and I like the
swdoc-test.cxx red-lining regression test - primarily because it doesn't
work - and I didn't have time to dig into it ;-)

	The idea was to create through random editing an arbitrarily complex
red-lined document (ie. Edit->Changes->Record) and then thrash the core
code that deals with that. Ideally we want to poke the layout engine too
here but ... just getting the basics setup was not entirely trivial
sadly.

	I'd love someone to hack that - but no doubt Cedric . Markus have some
better ideas.

	HTH,

		Michael.