[bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com: minutes of gerrit.documentfoundation.org call 2012-03-01]

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Fri Mar 2 04:23:08 PST 2012

Hi there,

gerrit call minutes from my scribblings:

present: Robert, Norbert, Bjoern

topics:
   - gerrit is up and running
     - against postgresql
AA     - set-up back-up solution for postgresql (Robert, ETA next week)
     - bouncycastle ssh-server: is it secure?
       - google is using it, so it should have been audited (Norbert)
   - jenkins not yet installed
     - insecure in default install
     - doesnt matter for first setup, we are behind a firewall
AA - we need the real ssl-certificate on that machine before it goes in
     production (Robert, ETA next week, but not time-critical)
   - nonstandard gerrit-port? (Robert)
     - not needed, we would need to publish it anyway
     - we are unlikely a target of drive-by attacks, we need to bother about
       dedicated attacks (and a published non-standard port doesnt help there)
AA - clarify with Florian that Norbert gets an account on that box (Robert, ETA a few days)
     - provide Robert with a public key (Nobert, done during the call)
AA - setup a staging core repo (Norbert)
     - blocks on Norbert getting an account
     - staging => developer sandbox, never synced back to fdo
   - clarify system logs readability for non-roots (Robert, Norbert)
AA - drop HTTP auth to allow devs to play (Robert, done during the call)
AA - document, script and streamline the new workflow for newcomers and
     grognards (Bjoern)
AA - clarify with fdo admins how to handle the machine-with-fdo-key problem
     best (Norbert)
AA - clarify how to get tinderboxes to get a synced state/evaluate submodules
     (later)
   - next call: maybe in a week, but email communication is easier for most
     things

Best,

Bjoern