GSoC & error during make

Mariana Marasoiu mariana.marasoiu at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 17:08:54 PST 2012

Hello everyone!

I'm Mariana Mărășoiu from Romania and I am a second-year student at
"Politehnica" University of Bucharest, Automatic Controls and
Computers Faculty. I would like to participate in Google Summer of
Code this year and I want to work on a project in LibreOffice.

I wanted to start with an EasyHack, and I tried first of all to build
LibreOffice. I cloned the git code [1] and installed all dependencies
that were required before running make. But during make, it stops with
the following error message:

        Oh dear - something failed during the build - sorry !
  For more help with debugging build errors, please see the section in:
            http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development

  internal build errors:

ERROR: error 65280 occurred while making
/home/mariana/Working/git/libo/helpcontent2/source/auxiliary

 it seems that the error is inside 'helpcontent2', please re-run build
 inside this module to isolate the error and/or test your fix:

/bin/bash
cd /home/mariana/Working/git/libo
source ./Env.Host.sh
cd helpcontent2
rm -Rf /home/mariana/Working/git/libo/helpcontent2/unxlngi6.pro #
optional module 'clean'
build

when the problem is isolated and fixed exit and re-run 'make' from the top-level
make[1]: *** [build] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mariana/Working/git/libo'
make: *** [source-env-and-recurse] Error 2

I re-ran build inside the module as specified in the message, but all
I got was another error message:

=============
(1/1) Building module helpcontent2
=============
Entering /home/mariana/Working/git/libo/helpcontent2/source/auxiliary

Processing en-US
../../unxlngi6.pro/misc/en-US/simpress.tree is illformed xml ( on linux)

update_tree.pl
   all languages in WITH_LANG are processed. WITH_LANG=ALL is
   not supported in manual calls.

   Updates the *.tree files.
   At first, the English file is updated based on the English
   help topic titles as read from the help files. Then, the
   localized tree files are written based on the English tree
   file and the localized help topic titles.

   Requires a valid LibreOffice build environment.

dmake:  Error code 255, while making '../../unxlngi6.pro/misc/treefiles.done'

        Oh dear - something failed during the build - sorry !
  For more help with debugging build errors, please see the section in:
            http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development

  internal build errors:

ERROR: error 65280 occurred while making
/home/mariana/Working/git/libo/helpcontent2/source/auxiliary

 it seems that the error is inside 'helpcontent2', please re-run build
 inside this module to isolate the error and/or test your fix:

/bin/bash
cd /home/mariana/Working/git/libo
source ./Env.Host.sh
cd helpcontent2
rm -Rf /home/mariana/Working/git/libo/helpcontent2/unxlngi6.pro #
optional module 'clean'
build

when the problem is isolated and fixed exit and re-run 'make' from the top-level

I don't know what should I do next. I tried googling the error, but
came up with nothing conclusive. I was hoping you could help me fix
this and finish building LibreOffice so I could start hacking :D.

Thank you,
Mariana Mărășoiu

[1] git://anongit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core