LibreOffice / openIndiana ...

Jonathan Adams t12nslookup at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 04:06:28 PST 2012

I'm sure I'd tried that before ... ahh yes:

Compiling: registry/tools/rdbedit.cxx
Making:    regmerge
_ZTI*                               ../unxsoli/lib/libreg.so
_ZTS*                               ../unxsoli/lib/libreg.so
_ZGVNSt7num_put*                    ../unxsoli/lib/libreg.so
_ZNSt7num_put*                      ../unxsoli/lib/libreg.so
ld: fatal: symbol referencing errors. No output written to
../unxsoli/bin/regmerge
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
dmake:  Error code 1, while making '../unxsoli/bin/regmerge'

some of the map files have "*"s in them, I'm assuming that SUN ld map
stuff doesn't like them ...

I'd prefer to stick with the system supplied gcc, but will move to a
packaged version that is stored somewhere else if that'd help.