[PUSHED 3-5] lp#527938, debian#602953, fdo#33266, i#105408: do not crash on clicking bibliography when base isnt installed

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Tue Mar 6 11:01:08 PST 2012

On Tue, Mar 06, 2012 at 06:02:04PM +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
> 	Not hyper-happy with the fix personally :-) it leaves other methods eg.
> loadView just below that look decidedly flaky in a similar way.

loadView is private and only called from load().

> 	Couldn't we package the bibliography component into base ? ;-) or is
> that too extreme. Could we fail more cleanly in component_getFactory or
> somesuch ?

Unsure if that will work. Also, this is quite a messy bit ping-pong going on
(roughly, IIRC):
- libsw calling into libfwk
- libfwk calling async into libbiblio via the servicename from the config
- libiblio calling into libfrm
- libfrm calling into libdba
(all via UNO)

One could try to catch it even earlier, but it is buried in the abstraction
onion of framework and its config files. I would not be sure to find all
entries to the implementation there.

OTOH, let me just reply with a sentence I heard you say quite often: "Patches
welcome!" ;)

Best,

Bjoern