bin/convwatch.py: graphical layout regression test re-incarnated

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Sun Mar 11 08:50:06 PDT 2012

Michael Stahl wrote:
> like several previous incarnations of the same idea, it bootstraps
> an office, loads all documents in a directory and prints them to
> files.

Hehe, you rock - just, FWIW, there's this in the old build repo:

 http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/build/tree/bin/oodocdiff.sh?h=libreoffice-3-4

(seems it wasn't moved over to solenv/bin),

which relies on the rather new-fangled batch-conversion /
batch-printing options of the office binary:

 --print-to-file [-printer-name printer_name] [--outdir output_dir] files
      Batch print files to file.
      If --outdir is not specified then current working dir is used as output_dir.
      Eg. --print-to-file *.doc
          --print-to-file --printer-name nasty_lowres_printer --outdir /home/user *.doc

> it is based on a handful of general purpose classes to setup connections
> to an soffice process in a robust way that could be useful for writing
> UNO API tests in Python.

Which is lovely - just, for the sake of orthogonality, we (back in
the day) opted to only test document printing, and not the (somewhat
flaky) remote UNO on top. ;)

Cheers,

-- Thorsten