pointer to code

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Mon Mar 19 03:07:59 PDT 2012

Hi there,

On Mon, 2012-03-19 at 02:08 +0530, M.Sharan Kumar wrote:
> i came across bug reporting.. and i am new to it.. its said that we
> need to have a pointer to code in our description.. what does that
> mean??

	Oh ! :-) well, if you knew where in the code the bug was - then it'd be
easier to fix than file. So - if you have a good reproducible bug, then
please just file it - if you can as a 2nd step reproduce it with a debug
build, and attach a stack trace of where it failed.

	If you want to create an 'Easy Hack' (also a bug underneath) then it is
different: it needs an easy-to-grok description with code pointers so
someone new to that area can jump in and get stuck into it.

	HTH,

		Michael.