Java macros and 3.5.1.2 on Mac OSX

Alexander Thurgood alex.thurgood at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 02:37:47 PDT 2012

Hi all,

There seems to be a problem with component registration of the Java
macro scripting component registration in 3.5.1.2 on Mac OSX.

If you fire up LO, then Tools > Macro > Run Macro :
1) Scroll down the list of macros to "Memory Usage"
2) Enter the folder, and only 1 entry is present (the beanshell script).
3) In the corresponding folder of the app,

/Applications/LibreOffice.app/Contents/share/Scripts/java/MemoryUsage

memoryusage.jar is actually present, so it is not being shown in the UI.

If you try to execute the macro from the console :
/Applications/LibreOffice.app/Contents/MacOS/scalc
"vnd.sun.star.script:MemoryUsage.MemoryUsage.updateMemoryUsage?language=Java&location=share"

You get a UI error message :

LibreOffice Error
A script structure error has occurred when executing the Java
MemoryUsage.MemoryUsage.updateMemoryUsage script.

Message : The scripting language Java is not supported.

If I compare this to 3.3.4, for example, I can select the script
directly from the UI list of macros, and it will run. I haven't compared
to 3.4.x or 3.5.0 or even master (yet).

Will open a bug report.

Alex