[REVIEW-3-5] fix for fdo#45679, autofilter needs a lot of time to show-up for large amount of data

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 25 20:25:59 PDT 2012

Hey,

[1] saves us a lot of time initializing the autofilter pop-up by
skipping the O(n^2) algorithm that inserts an entry and updates the
view for each new entry. During initialization we can skip this
algorithm without a problem and save around 96% of the time. [2] does
exactly the same thing for the range name dialogs which use the same
dialog base class.

The patch is simple and brings us nearly back to our old 3.4 performance.

Regards,
Markus

[1] http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=bd20b48795df0e23ac76d516d56366250157515f
[2] http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=cb2c9eb114d3a76096fd404d733f86702246b60e