[PUSHED 3.5] Re: [PUSHED] Re: Disabling dependency tracking (Re: [Libreoffice-commits] .: solenv/gbuild)

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Mon Mar 26 08:31:19 PDT 2012

On Monday 26 of March 2012, Matúš Kukan wrote:
> I would not do that so quickly. gbuild does not seem to be ready for
> --disable-dependency-tracking.
> If you get error in i18npool or something like
> http://tinderbox.libreoffice.org/cgi-bin/gunzip.cgi?tree=MASTER&brief-log=1
>332734401.27413#38535 try to remove --disable-dependency-tracking.
> Some problems are fixed in master but some still not and I also
> suspect this to be the reason
> why randomly failing sal_rtl_strings test fails more often now. (this
> may be paranoid)

 I have fixed sal_rtl_strings, which was a missing explicit dependency, but
there are others. Linux-Fedora15-x86_64_4-gcc-4.6-dbgutil tinderbox now
repeatedly fails:

[ build srs ] /builds/tinderbox/libo-master/svx/inc/globlmn_tmpl.hrc
[ build PKG ] svx_globlmn_hrc
[ build
srs ] /builds/tinderbox/libo-master/basctl/source/basicide/basicprint.src
cpp: line 31, Fatal error: Cannot open include file "svx/svxids.hrc"
#include <svx/svxids.hrc>
from
file /builds/tinderbox/libo-master/workdir/unxlngx6/SrsPartMergeTarget/basctl/source/basicide/basicprint.src,
line 28:
#include <basidesh.hrc>
make[1]: ***
[/builds/tinderbox/libo-master/workdir/unxlngx6/SrsPartTarget/basctl/source/basicide/basicprint.src]
Error 1
dmake:  Error code 2, while making 'all'
======
ERROR: error 65280 occurred while
making /builds/tinderbox/libo-master/tail_build/prj

 I don't know what the problem is exactly or how to fix it. I assume this is
because of the solver (or whatever is called the system that for whatever
strange reason copies .h files to another location). I do not think
svx/svxids.hrc needs any special dependency, as the file exists in git, it's
just that basctl/ can't find it. Either a dependency that copies the .h file
needs to be used even with --disable-dependency-tracking (if there's one), or
there needs to be an early invoked make target that copies everything that
should be copied, or this .h copying idea needs to be dropped.

--
 Lubos Lunak
 l.lunak at suse.cz