Providing a mysql connector extension on Linux that works independently of system mysql library versions - a pipe dream ?

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Thu Mar 29 06:11:53 PDT 2012

On 03/29/2012 02:42 PM, Alexander Thurgood wrote:
> Perhaps there is some switch I can use that will force the mysql client
> libraries to be packaged inside the extension, like the AOOo one did ?

Not sure which extension it is exactly you are talking about and how you
build it, but -- at least in theory -- configure --without-system-mysql
--without-system-mysql-cppconn should result in module mysqlc building a
mysql-connector-ooo.oxt that bundles instances of the mysqlclient and
mysqlcppconn libraries.

Stephan