help with windows tinbuild and symlinks

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Wed May 2 10:54:26 PDT 2012

On 02/05/12 14:42, Michael Stahl wrote:
> On 02/05/12 14:06, Noel Grandin wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I'm trying to use symlinks to speed up my windows tinderbox.
>> I've used an NTFS junction point (the windows equivalent of a symlink)
>> to make workdir and solver point at a ram-drive.
>>
>> But the IDL file processing is glitching with the errors below. Any
>> ideas where to start looking to fix this?

but on the other hand, why is the location of solver and workdir
hardcoded anyway?  so it looks like if the configure just allows to set
the WORKDIR and SOLARVER (and SOLARVERSION...) variables, then i can put
my solver in /tmp/testsolver, and perhaps you can too :)

so i've added a --with-solver-and-workdir-root to do that on master.